This great article by Alex Genadinik covers some of the early techniques and strategies to help your startup be well positioned to receive the initial round of investment.
On September 25th, The Unified Modeling Language (UML) turned fifteen years old this week. Over the years, UML has come to play an important role in modeling modern applications.
Christian Schormann talks about Expression Blend’s support for building Windows Store apps using XAML and HTML. With HTML being the new offering, Christian dives deep into the HTML and CSS features. Download the free VS Express for Windows 8 (which now includes Expression Blend) and start building your app today.
Ready to Get Started?
- Visit the Windows Developer Center for a myriad of sample, docs and guidelines
- Join the GenerationApp program and get a jumpstart building your Windows Store app.
- Download the Tools for Windows 8 App Development
- Download Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8
- Start building your own Apps for Windows 8
Researchers at Frost & Sullivan say that platform as a service (PaaS) will be the next big area of competition for cloud computing providers. That could lead to rapid changes in the PaaS market. ActiveState CEO Bart Copeland sees 10 major trends that could impact PaaS during the next five years:
- “Workload Growth Will Drive PaaS Adoption
- IaaS Providers Will Climb Up the Stack to Subsume PaaS IT
- Public PaaS Will Win the SMB Market
- Public Services Will Concede the Enterprise Market to Private PaaS
- Open-Source PaaS Platforms Will Flourish
- Open-Source PaaS Platforms Will Be Delivered via Popular Linux Distributions
- Proprietary PaaS Will Start to Look Like Open Source
- PaaS Compatibility? More Like PaaS Combatibility
- Orchestration and Configuration Management Will Merge With PaaS IT
- Hybrid Will Win the Cloud War, Thanks to PaaS”
With appropriate planning, management, and presentation a Proof-of-Concept can become a key part of a successful Enterprise Architecture
Agile software development provides a set of patterns and best practices, they are only half of the equation. These 7 tips will fill in the rest.